Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
76 posts
34,034 visits

Temporary Assistance Needy Family (TANF) - Low-Income Working Individuals help For Car Repairs

GrantSeeker1234 started this conversation

Department of human services can get your car repaired, as long as your working at a job and you meet be Low-income, they still have funds available for that and they provide other services too.  You ask for TANF :    

How is eligibility determined for a TANF family?

When an application is received, a worker will conduct an investigation to see whether the family is eligible according to all TANF eligibility factors. The parent or caretaker relative will receive a notice by mail within 30 days telling whether the family is approved for a TANF money payment, the amount, start date, etc.

Factors involved in determining whether the family can be eligible for TANF include:

    Deprivation: The child or children must be deprived of one or both parents by reason of absence, incapacity or unemployment.

    Income: The TANF family's total income must be considered in determining whether the basic needs of the child can be met. Certain income can be disregarded but all must be reported.

    Resources: In order to be eligible, the TANF assistance unit must not own property (other than the home) or have cash or other resources that have a combined value of over $2,000.

    Child Support Requirements: A parent or relative who applies for and accepts a TANF money payment for children due to the continued absence of a parent must assign to the state support rights for the children. The parent or relative must also assist the state in obtaining support from the absent parent, including establishing paternity for children born out-of-wedlock.                                                       

    Once you are referred to the TANF Work Program, your Case Manager will schedule an appointment for work program orientation and assessment. Your Case Manager will help you make an Employability Development Plan (EDP) to determine the work activities and type of services needed for you to get ready for work and find employment. Your Case Manager can help you with transportation, child care and work related expenses if you need these services to be able to work.

    When you begin the TWP activities, your TANF and SNAP eligibility reviews will also be handled by your Case Manager

Click here to add your comment...
Show newest posts...
Hello I am 53 and on disability and I need help with my's a computer went out and I can't afford to fix I have to depend on others which is no fun.any advice would be appreciated Thank you
Talk to Bella5
donttakesides   in reply to tiredoftheracecard
Talk to donttakesides
Hello i am a 51yr old single mom trying to re-enter the work force to provide for my 12yr old child i had been going on job interviews and i even recently landed a job and the weekend before i was do to start orientation my car stalled i had a someone with car repair knowlege come look at it and he said based on what he saw that my transmission has filed and that i should take it to a shop to have it further examined.... The problem with that is that it will not move to be driven there and i can not afford towing seeing how i have no income at the moment..... Unfortunately i lost the job because i have no transportation or even money for public transit this job was supposed to get our lives back on track financially...... Now i have no car and no job please help....
Talk to Greenlove
Hello! I'm a senior on medí-cal and Cal fresh. I am low income and desperately need brakes done on my car. They are metal on metal, and I need an oil change and smog done as well. I recently became sick with pneumonia and missed a lot of work due to being sick. I didn't have enough sick time to suffice. My car is old and has over hundred thousand miles on it. It still runs well despite the lack of care it needs due to poor funds. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Talk to Lefty0415
Reggie33   in reply to Mama xo
Hello my name is Reggie Williams and I was wondering if you could help me with my car... My motor locked up and now I have no other way of getting back forth to the hospital....
Talk to Reggie33
Woman in the shoe 2   in reply to Ali100
Hi the person you posts to not been on here sent 2009 most likely you want here from her.
Talk to Woman in the shoe 2
Good morning where is the application???
Talk to Ali100
I am 46 and I have a job I need car repairs that are above my budget in the process of getting a second job because the 1 st one does not cover all my expenses
Talk to Purplepassion
Mama xo
Really need help getting our car back up and running, our car is our life support system .Now my daughter has no way to get back and forth to her job which is round trip 70 miles.I'm disabled and we share expensives ,her no income really has us broke. Please contact us if you can help, God Bless
Talk to Mama xo
bri bri   in reply to DTigar1
Hello how do I get started with the application bye the way my name is bri bri
Talk to bri bri
bri bri   in reply to DTigar1
How do I start the application
Talk to bri bri
Vero54   in reply to TexzTornado
I am a 54 year old man who has health. Problems have truck I can't afford to get the heater core fixed they want 980 I get 203 a mouth I need it to get around haven't worked in a year under doctors care waiting on disability they are taking there time someone help me please vernonJohnson
Talk to Vero54
My friend just got a new car and two weeks later she starts having problems and now needs the transmission fixed. She is already struggling with bills as it is and is a single mom. She is having trouble paying for the repair bill, please help.
Talk to DTigar1
Vanessa g
Do they really help you? I got my truck h a year ago and know need a new transmission. Im afraid they wont help me because its from a dealer.
Talk to Vanessa g
TexzTornado   in reply to kathyannboyts
Kathyannboyts...RUN as far as you can from them!! Because, there is no way, the replacement of a water pump should cost as much as a used transmission...useless your driving a foreign car? Most water pump/part usually cost in range of $175 rebuilt/refurbished, $75-80 at car salvage yard...IF, you can find a good trust worthy mechanic to install it for you, should cost with labor (IF YOU, buy the part!) ball park estimate and part situation...$250-400 depending on make of car. Actual Auto dealerships WILL CHARGE OUTRAGEOUSLY!!! Try'n find a certified trust worthy mechanic that will install it for you. Ask around network!
Talk to TexzTornado
woman in a shoe   in reply to Tigeress
Hi the person u posted to hasn't been on here sent 2009 . I don't know of any place that fix cars for free. I know in some state s if u work welfare will pay up to 1000 to get it fix that all the info that I know about getting a car fix. Good Luck and God Bless
Talk to woman in a shoe
I am trying to get my car fixed so I can get to and from work as well as take my child to school.
Talk to Tigeress
woman in a shoe   in reply to boopy
The person u just posted to hasn't been on sent 09 but far as your car goes I don't know anyone that fixs car u pick people up from all over the world on here. There no cash on this site the ones on here are homeless almost homeless no food with baby's not able to pay there bills God Bless
Talk to woman in a shoe
I am on SSI and have had over 21 surgeries, just got over colon cancer. I live on 721.00 and need my car fixed. Can you please help me..
Talk to boopy
woman in a shoe   in reply to ajemmett
U welcome
Talk to woman in a shoe